Banking – Insurance
Insurance law is very regulated and in constant evolution. Herald is one of the few law firms that has a perfect command of insurance and reinsurance and litigation, particularly for life and health insurance.
The lawyers of our banking and insurance department advise and represent insurers and intermediaries in every field of insurance law, whether they are established in France or in another EU state (but delivering services in France).
Herald’s team brings cutting edge expertise in insurance law to advise and support clients in areas such as:
– Distribution of insurance contracts, bancassurance;
– Referencing unit-linked on life insurance contracts;
– Writing and review of contractual and promotional documentation for insurance products;
– Sale and transfer of insurance portfolios;
– Partnerships between insurance professionals;
– Requirements for companies operating in France under free provision of services (LPS);
– Prudential regulation (minimum guaranteed interest rates, technical rates, profit sharing);
(taux minimum garantis, taux techniques, participation aux bénéfices…),
– Anti-money laundering / combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT)
– Relations with the French Prudential Control Authority (ACPR).
Herald’s Banking – Insurance lawyers also provide training sessions and briefings on current topics concerning the insurance sector.
The Legal 500 EMEA and The Legal 500 Paris have recommended Herald’s insurance expertise, noting that our team is “speedy, professional and responsive”.