From restrictive practices to cartels, abuse of dominant position and unfair competition, companies are exposed every day to competition law risks.
Our competition lawyers advise and represent French companies and international groups before national and European courts and authorities through:
– Support and follow-up in the area of restrictive practices, for example, sudden termination of established commercial relations, significant imbalance, vertical restraints, abuse of dominance, agreements;
– Advice on unfair and parasitic competition issues (violation of non-compete clauses, appropriation of know-how, misappropriation and canvassing of customers, parasitism). We are also able to act on your behalf in litigation when required;
– Assistance and support before the Competition Authority in merger cases.
Distribution channels are multifaceted, even within the same brand. From contractual techniques to the distribution channels for products or services, this field of law is complex and challenging. This economic sector brings together players in the physical retail sector and pure players, who have an increasing presence in the market.
The diversity of these economic actors and new practices creates new legal needs. Herald’s knowledge and expertise is a resource to help clients make the right business decisions through:
– Support and assistance in creating distribution networks in France and abroad, for example, in matters such as exclusive distribution rights, franchising, brand licensing, commission-affiliation;
– Drafting / revision / adaptation / adaptation / audit of distribution contracts, particularly in terms of exclusive and selective distribution;
– Setting up and monitoring exclusivity agreements, commercial cooperation agreements and related documentation;
– Drafting commercial agent contracts;
– Drafting / revising general terms and conditions of sale (B2B and B2C)
– Providing support in disputes related to the termination of negotiations, the non-performance or termination of contracts (distribution, supply, provision of services).
Décideurs Magazine has recognized our team in its 2019 Competition and Distribution Guide in the categories State Aid; Anti-trust and anti-competitive practices; Franchise law; and Deregulation and regulated sectors. Legal 500 EMEA 2019 recommends our firm in the field of EU, Competition and Distribution.